I thought I might share my brand new favorite treat…Tollhouse Cookie Pie Bars. I adore these sweet little treats! They start with a simple crust made with brown sugar and butter (need I say more?) and are topped with a nutty gooey chocolate layer.They are everything wonderful about chocolate chip cookie pie all wrapped up into easy cookie bars.
I am convinced this is what heaven tastes like!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12-oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips (@ 2 cups)
- 1 (8-oz. pkg.) chopped walnuts (@ 1 3/4 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350. Beat flour, butter, and brown sugar in a bowl until crumbly. Press onto bottom of greased 9x13-inch pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, beat sugar, eggs, corn syrup, sugar, melted butter, and vanilla together in a large bowl. Stir in semi-sweet chips and walnuts; pour over hot crust.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until center is set (it may look a little puffy, but will settle into a wonderful gooey chocolate layer as it cools). Cool completely in pan on wire rack -if you can resist! Cut and enjoy! Seriously, these are my new fav!