I don’t exactly know where this Holy Cow Cake recipe comes from. What I do know is that Momma Daisy has made it for a long time and it is a family fav! I don’t know where its name comes from either… maybe its just “Holy Cow!” good.
This cake starts with a basic chocolate mix, your preference – German Chocolate or Devils Food; soaked in a rich caramel mixture that results with a super moist, “oh-my, that’s amazing cake.” It is then layered with crushed Butterfingers candy bars and a cream cheese-whipped cream frosting. There’s enough going on with this cake that no one will know, or even care that you started with a mix! Super yummy!
Holy Cow Cake
- Chocolate Cake Mix (your preference), baked as directed
- 1-14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz. jar of caramel topping
- 4-5 Butterfingers candy bars, crushed
- 1-8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz. Cool Whip
- Prepare and bake cake as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, blend caramel and sweetened condensed milk.
- After removing cake from oven, use a skewer or fork to poke holes into the top of the cake.
- Pour caramel mixture over cake.
- Crush candy bars and sprinkle half of them over the warm cake. Chill.
- Stir cream cheese and Cool Whip together until blended well. Spread over cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with remaining candy.
Jasey's Crazy Daisy http://jaseyscrazydaisy.com/