This Cinnamon Bun Chex Mix is one of my favorite snack mixes. Nuts or not? That seems to be the question around here. I like them, but the hubby and kids DO NOT (at least baked in treats), so I end up leaving them out most of the time. However, I did make this Cinnamon Bun Chex Mix both with and without (even though it is pictured without) and I really love the flavors that the nuts bring to this yummy snack mix. Its flavors are reminiscent of our favorite sweet rolls and everyone seems to love it. I would love to hear what you think!
Cinnamon Bun Chex Mix
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pound butter
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 (14 oz.) boxes of corn Chex cereal
- 2 (6 oz) bags pecan halves (@ 3 cups), optional
- 2 brown paper bags from your grocer’s checker
- First, open paper bags and place one inside of the other. Pour Chex cereal and pecans into bags. Set aside. Cover table or counter top with wax paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. In a large kettle, combine and stir cinnamon and brown sugar until well mixed. Add butter and corn syrup and bring to a boil on the stove, stirring frequently as not to burn. When everything is all melted and incorporated, take off heat and add vanilla and baking soda. Stir until foamy. Pour over the double bagged Chex. Roll down top and shake well. Microwave for 2 minutes and shake well. Microwave for 2 more minutes and shake again. Make sure to turn the bag on all sides each time you shake to spread the caramel. Open bag and check to make sure the caramel is spread evenly throughout the Chex. If not, shake again. However, you should be able to dump the Chex onto the sprayed wax paper. Spread the mix as thin as possible. Pour white chocolate chips into zip-loc bag. Place in microwave for 20 seconds and use fingers to mix. Repeat until white chocolate is melted. Cut a small corner off of the bag and drizzle white chocolate over cereal mix. Let stand until chocolate sets. Serve immediately, or package in your favorite containers to share as gifts.
Jasey's Crazy Daisy http://jaseyscrazydaisy.com/