- 1 package of NutterButter Cookies
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of large marshmallows
- 4 Tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, I used dark, but use what makes you happy
- Grease or butter a 8X8 pan. Place NutterButters in food processor and pulse into ground (you may have to work in batches). Pour NutterButter crumbs into a large bowl. In another large microwave-safe bowl, melt marshmallows and butter for 60 seconds. Stir. Repeat until mixture is melted and mixed together. Pour over NutterButters. Stir, using a wooden spoon, until mixed well. Mixture will become thick and hard to stir. Keep mixing until all the crumbs are incorporated. Pour into prepared pan and press to spread evenly. I find it helps to spray my fingers, or a wooden spoon with cooking spray to press the mixture without sticking. Set aside. Place chocolate chips in a zip-loc baggie. Place in microwave for 20 seconds. Take out and knead to mix. Repeat until chocolate is melted. Cut off a small piece of the corner of the bag and drizzle bars with chocolate. I usually place them in the fridge to hurry the process (but if you leave them too long, you will have to let them sit out to soften before cutting). Once chocolate has set, cut into bars and enjoy.
- Double ingredients and use a 9x13 to serve a crowd.
I’m off to enjoy the rest of the summer with my boys… two weeks left before my first grader is off to school everyday. He’s so ready, his mom is not!!! We’ve got a whole bunch of fun things to squeeze in! I see more gelato in our future, and the pool, and some bike rides, picnics, and what ever else I can manage to throw in! How are you spending your last days of summer?