Snickers Brownies

Brownies, obviously I have a thing for brownies, but how could I resist Snickers Brownies? I guess I have a thing for taking my favorite treats and twisting them into brownies. This time brownies collide with everyone’s favorite Snickers candy bars, complete with, peanut nougat center, caramel, and chocolate candy bar topping. Go ahead and make them now, you can thank me later.
Snickers Brownies
Brownie Layer
  1. 1 box of brownie mix, I prefer Betty Crocker's Fudge or Dark Chocolate mixes
  2. Ingredients called for on box
  3. 1/4 cup hot fudge topping, unheated, straight from the jar
  4. Nougat Layer: {Adapted from How Sweet It Is}
  5. 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  6. 1 cup granulated sugar
  7. 1/4 cup evaporated milk
  8. 2 (7 oz.) jars marshmallow creme (@1 1/2 cups)
  9. 1/4 cup peanut butter
  10. 1 1/2 cups salted peanuts, roughly chopped
  11. 1 teaspoon vanilla
Caramel Layer
  1. 1 (17 oz.) jar of caramel, preferably Mrs. Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel
Candy Bar Topping
  1. 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
  2. 1/4 cup peanut butter.
Instructions
  1. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions for a 9x13-inch pan, adding 1/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, unheated and straight from the jar to the batter. Make sure to follow the high altitude directions if you live at high altitude. Cool completely.
  2. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar and milk, stirring until dissolved. Bring to a boil. Add in the marshmallow creme (I didn't measure, because how exactly do you measure that sticky fluff? I used one complete 7 oz. jar and most of the second jar), peanut butter, and vanilla stirring until smooth. Turn off heat and fold in peanuts. Pour evenly over cooled brownies. Use a spatula to help spread the mixture. Cool. I stick the brownies in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
  3. Scoop caramel topping into a heavy bottomed saucepan and heat over low until caramel is soft and easy to stir. Pour the caramel over the nougat layer. Make sure to pour it evenly across the nougat covering as much as the surface as you can. This makes it easier to spread the caramel with a spatula. Let cool. Again, I usually stick this in the freezer for about 15 minutes. Scoop caramel topping into a heavy bottomed saucepan and heat over low until caramel is soft and east to stir rather than mess with hot.
  4. Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Pour over nougat layer and cool completely. I usually stick them in the fridge until the chocolate is set. They chocolate gets pretty soft when left out, so I like to store these in the fridge and let them set out for a few minutes before cutting them. You want the chocolate to be cool enough to be set, but warmed up just a bit so that they are soft enough to cut more easily. Enjoy!
Jasey's Crazy Daisy http://jaseyscrazydaisy.com/

66 thoughts on “Snickers Brownies

1. Marci

I found your blog through pinterest (this recipe) and made them last night for some missionaries. HUGE success! Everyone had seconds and raved while they were eating each gooey bite. Thanks for the recipe and I can’t wait to try some of the other sinfully delicious looking recipes you have listed.

2. emylee

These look absolute delicious! I am thinking about trying out this recipe I just have a few questions.
    These look like they may be a little bit messy. Is this something you have to eat with a fork?
    Do they fall apart easy? Do they have to stay refrigerated to maintain their shape? I’d love to hear a review from someone who has made them. Thanks so much (:

3. Steph

These were totally amazing! Everyone I shared them with loved them. They are very rich. I love the nougat layer. Mine were a little messier than yours look. The candy bar layer kept sliding off the caramel

4. Sarah

Oh no! I baked the brownies according to the package like you said without realizing till the very end-now that it needs to go in a cake pan :( Oh well im sure they will still be good thanks for all the great stuff :)

1. Sarah

umm It was 9×9 so they came out thick and gooey but OMG are they awesome! My 4 yr old could care less that they are a little sloppy, it gives us an excuse to make them again :) It just barely spilt over the top-no worries they are yummy! Thanks so much-Im busy pinning a bunch more of your recipes now they look so good!

5. hayleynoel

im in the middle of babysitting my little brother and we are in the middle of making them right now!! were just finishing up with the caramel sauce part. i super excited to try them they smell great and the nugate recipe is so yummy. THANKS again <3

6. Michelle

I just made these, and am waiting for the last layer to cool. I’m not sure if I love you or hate you right now… ok, I love you, but the scales may have a different opinion :)

1. Connie

Jan – I used both crunchy peanut butter and peanuts. I don’t think it would be as good w/o the peanuts, but I’m sure you can skip them.

7. Connie

Has anyone split the recipe into 2 8×8 pans instead of one 9×13? I want to give it away, but 1/2 a batch will be plenty to share… it’s so rich!

8. jbkartist

I made these yesterday and they were delicious. However, the nougat oozed out and they lost their shape and they were a mess. Is there a way to ensure that they stay together?

9. Unknown

Is it normal for the browine portion to be so thick? I did not have any room to add all the layers on, so i had to move to a deeper pan. Is this norm?

10. Paula

I just found your link and made 4 of your recipes last night. Everything turned out awesome. Everyone loved the brownies and brought some to my work at the fire station. Thanks for sharing!

11. Sarah Marie

This is, without a doubt, the best thing I’ve ever put in my mouth. And I’m a pastry chef. WOW. It would be impossible to oversell this dessert. The only thing I changed was to make my favorite brownies for the base (Best Brownies from allrecipes.com). This is out-of-control delicious!

12. Jessica Heitman

Made a batch of these for my sister as a welcome present for their family and the birth of their son. She has always loved Snickers, and though I’m not supposed to eat treats and was never as much of a Snickers fan, I have to say, after sampling one (ok, maybe two :)) I can attest to the fact that these are DELICIOUS and, unlike other recipes I’ve been using lately, do not fall short on their promise to taste like Snickers! These taste exactly like Snickers! Make them, it’s fun. Congratulations to the cook who developed this recipe, you are a genius!

13. Golsmom

Made these for a tail gating party this past Sunday and every body loved them! I only had one issue and that was getting the chips and peanut butter to melt enough to spread nicely! The nouget layer made the brownies…YUMMY! Thanks for a great recipe!

14. Delana

Oh my the varsity football players are going to LOVE me Friday when I show up with these. They have been eating banana pudding every Friday for dessert since the end of

1. Delana

Sorry.. Since the end of August. They are going to be so excited. It took me clicking 5 pins that all resulted in spam before I finally found the correct one. Thanks so much. I will let u know how it goes Friday.

15. Tanya

Any suggestions for a Milky Way version? I’m just not a fan of peanut butter (gasp) so I’m wondering how badly it would screw it up to leave it out.

16. Chris

My son has been bugging me to make these again, since I made these for him last year! They were absolutely amazing and we are going to make them again tomorrow. Thank you so much for sharing..

1. Stephanie Smith

Make sure you don’t over cook the nougat layer. I removed the pan from the heat right after I added the marshmallow crème and then stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Also if you bring mixture to a boil to fast the sugar won’t dissolve enough. Good luck. Hope this helps. Thanks to you Jasey for great recipe!! We love these.

2. Jasey McBurnett

Thanks, Stephanie, for your reply, I thought I had left one. Maybe I emailed it. Anyways, yes, my thoughts would also be to make sure the mixture isn’t boiled for too long. You can totally take it off the burner/heat once it boils and stir everything together, if you have a hard time getting things to incorporate and melt, you could always return it to low heat just until melted.Hope that helps, I haven’t had this problem and haven’t had any other complaints that I know of – darn it!

17. Pingback: Week in Review | Untitled and Unfinished