Twix Brownies {Who’d have thought Twix could get any better?}

Brownies, again – Twix Brownies?!?! Yes, I know I have a problem! I cannot help myself. But really, I have been thinking about this particular brownie for quite some time now. You ask if there was anything wrong with Twix candy bars before they met the brownie. Not really, and yet somehow taking the creamy caramel filling, crunchy cookie base, and delicious chocolate topping and combining them with a rich moist brownie layer some how transforms both desserts into one super decadent treat. Try them. I’m dying to know if you think I’m right!
Twix Brownies
  2. 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
Chocolate Topping
  1. 1 (11.5 oz.) bag milk chocolate chips
  2. 2 Tablespoons butter
  3. 1/4 cup heavy cream
Instructions
  1. Grease bottom of 9x13-inch baking pan. For easier cutting, line the pan with foil first. Using a food processor, pulse cookies until they resemble sand. In a medium bowl, melt 6 Tablespoons butter. Add cookie crumbs, stirring until all crumbs are moist. Press into bottom of prepared pan.
  2. Prepare brownie batter as directed on the back of the box, mixing 1/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping into brownie batter (straight from the jar, unheated). Pour batter on top of cookie crust and bake as directed. If baking at a high altitude, don't forget to follow special instructions. Cool.
  3. Place caramels and cream in a saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until caramels are melted smooth and creamy, stirring constantly. Pour over cooled brownies. Try to spread the caramel evenly across the brownie surface while pouring to make spreading easier. Let cool until set. You can quicken this by sticking the brownies in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
  4. Melt chocolate, butter, and cream together in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until melted and creamy. Pour over cooled caramel layer. Again, cover as much of the brownies as possible while pouring to make spreading easier. Cool. If you are in a hurry pop them in the fridge for a bit. Cut and enjoy.
Notes
  1. If you don't have any cream on hand, and don't want to purchase for such a small amount, just use milk. Things will still turn out deliciously. I bet no one even notices, unless you tell them.
Jasey's Crazy Daisy http://jaseyscrazydaisy.com/

Truthfully, I’m not sure I’m over brownies yet. Tell me, what’s your favorite brownie like?

62 thoughts on “Twix Brownies {Who’d have thought Twix could get any better?}

1. Abbie

Oh, good grief! I just pinned these, and I see them making an appearance for a friend’s birthday party coming up. They look AWESOME!

Thanks for sharing at Feature Friday FREE-FOR-ALL!

~Abbie

2. Busy Mom

I made them, was disappointed on the cookie crunch delivery, otherwise, they were awesome, ooey-gooey and caramelly. (those aren’t really words, are they?) Think I might bake a shortbread instead of crumbling shortbread cookies for the base. Thanks for sharing. I linked back.

1. Ellen

So, if I were to use the Samoa Crust for this recipe would I bake it first as in the Samoa recipe or add the brownie layer first as in this recipe?
      Thanks!

3. Dawn

I wonder if I could cheat and use Mrs. Richardsons caramel instead of melting the caramels and heavy cream? I know you did that on snickers…I wonder if it would do the same thing? What do you think?

1. Jasey @ Jasey's Crazy Daisy

Mrs. Richard’s Caramel would result with a softer caramel layer, if that doesn’t bother you, go for it! The chocolate topping on this brownie is also a little softer than the Snicker’s Brownie candy bar topping, so it might actually work quite well. I love Mrs. R’s caramel, if you try it, let me know how it works :).

2. Dawn

Im trying it tomorrow for work….after what you said Im going to try the original recipe first! Thanks Jasey!!! Ill let you know how they turn out and what work says!

4. laurenebeasley

Just made this only alteration was I made a homemade shortbreak cookie from 3/4 cup unsalted butter 1/4 cup of sugar 1 1/2 cups of flour pinch of salt and a splash of vanilla… the shortbread holds up so you can pour the Brownie batter on it and bake it together and you get the nice firm shortbread crunch and a gooey Brownie, wonderful recipe props to you!

1. Jasey @ Jasey's Crazy Daisy

I use a homemade shortbread cookie recipe in my Snickers Brownies… but I was curious how this kind of crust works. I think it comes down to personal preference, and maybe even time or supplies on hand. Thanks for sharing your idea, I am so glad to know you enjoyed the recipe :)

5. Jenna

I made these tonight with my mom and they were amazing!! We poked holes in the brownie layer before we poured the caramel over (inspired by Twix!) and it was delicious!! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

1. Jasey @ Jasey's Crazy Daisy

Hmmm, I never thought of trying those, I just used square-ish clear wrapped ones, often used for caramel apples. You could also make the caramel layer differently if you want to checkout the caramel layer in the Snickers Brownies. It uses caramel ice cream topping…although it may be a bit softer.

6. Erin

I made these yesterday and seriously, I’m calling them “On crack brownies” lol! However, I couldn’t find the little caramel cube so I used Riesen chocolate covered caramels and forgot the butter cookies so used graham crackers. Just a note if you sub with te crackers, use extra butter and a bit of sugar!
    Thanks for the recipe, they are amazbllz!!!!!

7. abreech

I made these for a graduation party on sunday and they were a hit, they are mostly gone except for two rows. I agree with a comment above that the shortbread crust is to crumbly and when I make then next I might make a shortbread crust instead of using the cookies, and with the chocolate topping I think that i will omit the butter the next time it got to oily from the chips and the butter, other than those two things these brownies were sooo good.

8. Courtney PSU

Hello, if I make a homemade crust using the recipe in your Samoa brownie, do I bake the shortbread crust first by itself as you do in the Samoa recipe?

Thank you!

9. The Portas

Hi Jasey! I couldn’t find a contact button anywhere, but wanted to let you know first of all…YUM! I found this recipe on Pinterest and immediately went to the store! With your permission I would like to make this and post about it on my blog, linking back to yours, of course!!
    Megan @ pipandebby.com
    pipandebby@gmail.com

10. Jenny

I just finished making these after a couple of hours of mixing, baking, cooling, mixing, cooling, mixing and cooling again. WORTH THE TIME PUT IN TO THEM!! I think next time however (oh yes, I will be making these again) I will use the Mrs. Richardson’s carmel instead of the cubes; I think the cubes made the carmel layer a tad too stiff (for my liking). I will also omit some of the butter in the topping, it was rather greasy. I did the shortbread crust from the samoa brownie recipe and it turned out great! OH, and lastly….When I make these again I’m going to make a double batch since it did take so long. This way I can pass them around the neighborhood and bring some to friends. THANKS for the recipe!!!!

11. Kris

Yum! I can’t wait to make these for a friend’s birthday tomorrow! Do you think it would work to use chocolate chip cookie dough as the bottom layer?

12. thebluemuse

I really, really, really wanted to like these brownies since they are full of all of my favorite things. But my caramel layer turned out rock hard and no one could cut/bite through them without major effort. What on earth did I do wrong?!

1. Jasey @ Jasey's Crazy Daisy

Oh no! I’m sorry you had that problem. My guess is that the caramel was cooked too long. Do you remember how long you cooked it for? You could always try to use a jar of Mrs. Richardson’s Caramel, or your favorite caramel instead, but it may be a little on the softer side.

13. Maria M. Triana

Hi Jasey, my name is Maria M Triana. This is an amazing recipe. I love all your recipes so much that I would like to try this one and featured on my blog, but giving the link back to here and the full credit to your site and your name, as the original source, as I always do with everything I publish. Thank you very much for your time, kind consideration and for the excellent recipes you bring to us.
    Maria
    maria11637@yahoo.com

14. Bri :)

Thanks for this recipe! They were sooooo delicious and I literally could not stop eating them!! I will have to only make them for other people or else I will eat them all lol. Next time I will try to make caramel from scratch to save time/money. Thanks again!! :)

15. Ted Guice

Excuse me,please…but, OhHELLYEAH! I am making a big batch of these bad boys on Saturday and right after I teach my high intensity, fat burning, metabolic training interval class…G-Force Workout! It’s about balance, donchaknow! ;-) Thanks for this sharing! Ted

16. MaggieJ

I am 39 weeks pregnant, so I decided to have a Super Pregnant Super Bowl party (um, for my husband and me…) and went whole hog with the unhealthy goodies. These brownies were the perfect addition and perhaps my new favorite dessert. I think they will be great for a big party as a small piece is plenty. Thank you so much for sharing!!