I don’t know about you, but in my family we use REAL whipping cream. It’s not that we never use Cool Whip, but for most of our pies and cakes, we use the real stuff. It’s really not that difficult to make and in my opinion is totally worth washing the beaters and bowl for the difference in taste. It’s an easy way to amp up the wow factor. My boys are so spoiled, they love licking “whooped cream” off the beaters. I know there’s a ka-jillion ways to make it, vanilla, no vanilla, powdered sugar, granulated sugar, but this is how we do it. Thanksgiving is on it’s way, if you have never made real sweetened whipped cream before, try it this year. Your pies will thank you.
Homemade Sweetened Whipped Cream
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream, (2 cups)
- 2/3 cups sugar (we prefer granulated - it's not grainy at all, but you can use powdered sugar if you prefer
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla, depending on your preference
- In a clean bowl, start beating whipped cream on medium high speed. Add sugar and vanilla. Continue beating until soft peaks form. Serve with pies, cakes, pancakes, waffles, ice cream sundaes, hot chocolate, or even over fresh cut fruit.
- This makes quite a bit of whipped cream. If you want less, purchase a 1/2 pint (1 cup) and use half of the sugar and vanilla.
Jasey's Crazy Daisy http://jaseyscrazydaisy.com/