Melted Snowmen Puddle Cookies
- Reses's Peanut Butter Cups, the kind that come in the bag, not the big flat ones
- Mini M&M's
- Mini chocolate chips
- Orange sprinkles, we just picked them out of the assorted pack
- Pull 'N' Peel Twizzlers
- Stick Pretzels
- 1 or 2 boxes of White Fudge Covered Oreos
- 1 lb. white almond bark
- Cover your working surface with waxed paper. In order to make sure that your almond bark doesn't set too quickly, get all your candy ready to work with. These are great jobs for your kids to help with. Pour some of the chocolate chips and M&M's into little bowls so they are easy to get to. Sort sprinkles, just pick out some orange for the noses and place them into a small bowl. Unwrap peanut butter cups and peel your licorice (into three strands of three). Break pretzels into half and put them into a bowl. The bowls keep everything separated and from rolling off the table, and also easier to pass. Spread Oreos over waxed paper. Make sure there is enough room between them for the puddle, hats, scarves, and arms. Melt almond bark according to directions. Spoon almond bark over cookies. Use the back of the spoon to spread the almond bark across the top of the cookies so it puddles around them. You will want more puddled around them then on the top because if too much remains on top, your fixings will slide out of place. Make your snowman's face using chocolate chips and M&M's for the eyes and mouth, orange sprinkles for the nose, peanut butter cups for the hat, licorice for the scarf, and pretzels for the arms. I would spread the almond bark over the cookies as I worked one at a time, or as the kids need them, rather than all at once because once it is on the cookies it sets up rather quickly. I kept a damp rag close by so that I could wipe my hands when needed to keep things tidy, my kids preferred licking their fingers :). Enjoy!
- 12 Oreos come in a package and we made 16 cookies with one package of almond bark. You can either use a couple from the second box, go a little heavier on the almond bark making more of a puddle and use only one box of cookies, or go crazy and melt an extra package of almond bark to finish up the second box. I suppose it depends on how many snowmen you want to end up with.
- If you cannot find White Fudge Oreos don't sweat it. I like them because I didn't want to have to worry about the cookies peeking through but after making these I think they would probably work with other cookies too. You could use regular Oreos, Golden Oreos, or even Nilla Wafers.
Jasey's Crazy Daisy http://jaseyscrazydaisy.com/