While I love the sunshine and hope that Spring brings, craziness follows close behind. With Spring comes graduation celebrations, bridal showers, weddings, soccer, several birthdays, and our son’s first communion this year. I love festive celebrations accompanied with great food. When time’s scarce, I look for simple no fuss yet fabulous options. My favorite options are those that are easy for the kids to help with, which is why I really like this book! It is filled with fabulous ideas for making cupcakes (scratch, from a mix, or even store bought) over-the-top cute, that will look as great as they taste. It’s full of cake and frosting recipes and decorating techniques simple enough the kiddos can help, that won’t break the bank, and don’t require any sleep deprivation. I’m in. All in. What about you? Would you like to see one of my favorites?
Reprinted with permission from Super Duper Cupcakes © 2013 by Elaine Cohen, Sterling Children’s Books. Photography by Vic Kulihian.
Have a beautiful butterfly flutter onto your cupcake.
2 candy slices, one yellow and one pink
1. Frost the cupcake with the green frosting:
• Drop a spoonful on top of a cupcake.
• Use a knife to spread the frosting to the edges of the cupcake.
2. Cut the yellow and pink slices in half with scissors. Cut two short
pieces of black licorice string.
3. Place the yellow slices on top of cupcake in the center to form
the butterfly’s lower wings.
4. Place the jelly candy and the fruit-shaped candies between the wings to form the butterfly’s body. Place pink slices to the sides of them to make the other set of wings. Place the two pieces of black licorice on top of the body as antennae. Try this with different colored candies—you can’t go wrong.
Isn’t that darling? I can just picture these sweet cupcakes at one of my daughter’s parties. I also think they would be fun to take to my son’s preschool to celebrate spring with, they just learned about butterflies and their life cycle! And yeps, I’ve got one copy up for grabs for one of you!
To enter this giveaway all you have to do is leave a comment under this blog post (Facebook and email comments won’t count) answering this question,
“When planning a party, what is your favorite crunch-time tip?”
This giveaway opens immediately and closes at noon on April 10, 2013. Winner will be randomly drawn and contacted by email (be sure to leave your email address) and has 48 hours to claim their prize by responding with their mailing information or another winner will be drawn. Good luck:)! If you want to forgo this whole giveaway and purchase the cookbook for yourself, click here. Do you remember the Crazy About Pies, cookbook giveaway? Congratulations to
“I love a good sweet potato pie!”
*Disclaimer, I received no monetary compensation for this giveaway. I did receive a cookbook for review, and all opinions remain my own.