If you are a fan of my Facebook page, than you know that I recently found this Cherry Chocolate Chip Dip recipe because I couldn’t help but share it with you all. It looks fabulous! I am sure it tastes amazing, but it’s ingredients are very similar to the frosting used on my Cherry Chip Bars and while delicious, I wanted something a little different for my dip – not quite as rich with all that butter, but still creamy, and kind of cheesecakey. So once again I couldn’t leave well enough alone and created my own Cherry Chocolate Cheesecake Dip recipe. It’s sooooo good. You will love it because it has a sweetened whipped cherry cream cheese base with cool whip, chopped cherries, and mini chocolate chips folded in to finish it off. Yummmm, right?!I thought so. You’ll want to make this for your next gathering. But I’m not responsible for any reactions that you might get. Last night I wanted to treat my best friend with something deliciously fun and and dropped some by her house. Later that evening I ran into her husband and he may or may not have called me an Evil Temptress for sharing it with them. I’m just going to chalk that up as a compliment and ignore the fact that he told me to keep my treats away from his house – it’s not my fault that he can’t resist them, is it? Anyways, you should totally give this Cherry Chocolate Cheesecake Dip a try, I think you will love it! Not only is it tasty, but it’s really easy to make and you don’t even have to turn on your oven, which is perfect for the summer months as temperatures heat up.
- 10 oz. maraschino cherries
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup reserved cherry juice
- 4 oz. Cool Whip (1/2 of the 8 oz. carton)
- cookies, crackers, pie crust dippers, or fruit as dippers
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Drain cherries reserving 1/2 cup juice. Remove stems and chop cherries into fourths. Set aside. Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Beat in powdered sugar and reserved cherry juice, scraping bowl until mixed well. Fold in thawed Cool Whip, chopped cherries and chocolate chips. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy with graham crackers, animal crackers, Nilla Wafers, or even assorted fruit.
Want some more dessert dip ideas? I’ve got you covered there too. Just click here.