I absolutely love Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches and so it seemed only natural to create this Creamy Philly Cheesesteak Dip. It takes all the classic flavors of the beloved sandwich and blends them together into a delicious creamy baked dip. It’s pictured with crackers, but if you’ve been around JCD for very long, you have probably guessed that my favorite way to eat it is smeared over a warm baguette slice. I’m a total sucker for carbs like that! Don’t let my opinion sway you though, it’s fabulous with crackers, pretzels, pita chips, corn chips, and can even be baked into individual sandwiches as well. Yummy!
Let’s talk about this dip for a minute, first you are going to saute some green pepper with a little onion together. Then you’ll stir together some cream cheese, mayonnaise, hot sauce, and shredded provolone cheese and combine it with chopped roast beef and your pepper/onion mixture. You’ll spread this into a pie plate and bake until bubbly topping it off with a little provolone cheese just before it’s ready so it has enough time to melt into cheesy perfection. Sometimes I even add 8 oz. of sliced and chopped mushrooms to the onions and peppers to mix things up a bit. Either way, you are going to love this delicious Philly Cheesesteak dip because it is sure to please your crowd!
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil, I like olive oil or even avocado oil
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound shaved roast beef, from the deli, chopped
- 8 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (like Louisiana Crystal Hot Sauce)
- 3/4 pound provolone cheese, shredded and divided
- Saute green pepper and onions in 1 Tablespoon of cooking oil over medium heat until crisp tender. Set aside.
- Mix softened cream cheese with mayonnaise, hot sauce, and 1/2 lb of shredded provolone. Stir in chopped roast beef and pepper/onion mixture.
- Spread in a pie plate or shallow baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 45 minutes or until bubbly. When the dip starts to bubble, sprinkle with remaining 1/4 pound of shredded provolone and continue cooking for just a few minutes until the cheese has melted. Serve with sliced baguettes, crackers, or chips.
- I think Swiss cheese would be great in this dip and can't wait to try it this way too!
- I use 1/3 less fat cream cheese in creamy dips that I bake because it tends to bake up less greasy.
This would be a fabulous dip to serve for the big Super Bowl Game coming up! I’ll be the first to admit the food is the best part of the game ;)! What are you making? Who are you routing for? I’m all for the Seahawks!