Fall is most definitely upon us. While I welcome the cooler weather… and sweatshirts… and hot cocoa… and PUMPKIN…. I’m always sad to give up summer days with my kids. If I can’t have my kids home, at least I can have apple cider and pumpkin treats. Pumpkin treats are some of my very favorites. What about you? This Pumpkin swirl loaf is pretty tasty. I liked it toasted with my favorite cinnamon honey butter slathered over the top, BUT I could be convinced to glaze it with icing just like cinnamon rolls too. In fact, next time I make this, I think that’s just what I’m going to do!
This Pumpkin Swirl loaf is really east to make. You’re going to start with a loaf of frozen bread dough. Next time I think I’ll try the sweet dough. You’ll roll it out so it’s not too much longer than a 9-inch loaf pan and about 15 inches wide. Then you’ll spread a little cream cheese over the top. Right?!? Yum!
Then you’ll spread some pumpkin pie mixture over the top of the cream cheese. Make sure to use pumpkin pie filling and not just canned pumpkin.
To give it just a little extra somethin’ somethin’ sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice. Yep, just a little more spice. So good!
Working along the short side, roll everything up into a tight little loaf. Pinch those seems and tuck your ends in before placing it in a prepared loaf pan and baking it until golden brown.
Doesn’t that look yummy?
- 1 loaf Rhodes frozen bread dough
- 1/3 cup spreadable cream cheese
- 1/3 cup pumpkin pie filling
- pumpkin pie spice
- Thaw dough according to package. Over a floured surface roll dough into a rectangle measuring about 10-15. Spread dough with soft cream cheese. Spread pumpkin pie filling over that. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice. Roll along the short end. Pinch seams, tuck ends, and place in a loaf pan that's been sprayed with non-stick spray. Cover with a clean tea towel and place in a warm place to rise. When doubled, bake on 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool, slice and enjoy!
- I place my covered loaf on top of the oven while it's preheating to let it raise. It makes is nice and warm.