- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups crushed graham crackers
- whole graham crackers enough to line the bottom and cover the top (all in all, about one box of graham crackers)
- 1 12 oz. pkg chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 butterscotch OR peanut butter chips or just use chocolate if preferred
- 10 Tablespoons butter
Line jelly roll pan with whole graham crackers. You may have to break them into pieces around one edge. Set aside. Melt the brown sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla together in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently. Add crushed graham crackers, continuing to cook and stir until mixed thoroughly and thickened. Pour over graham crackers and spread evenly. Top with graham crackers. Melt 2 1/2 cups of chips with 10 Tablespoons of butter by placing it in the microwave for 20 second intervals, stirring in between each. When smooth and creamy, pour over the top graham crackers. Pour from side to side, while you move down the bars to help in spreading the chocolate mixture evenly. Use the back of a spoon or a knife to finish spreading chocolate topping. Place in refrigerator until set. Cut into bars. Keep in refrigerator. Enjoy!
If you are in a hurry or prefer to keep things simple, you can frost with your favorite chocolate frosting instead of making a homemade glaze.
Adapted from Gackle Streeter School