- 1 cup prepared brown rice white rice or quinoa - choose your preference of grain
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed.
- 10 oz. grape tomatoes halved
- 1 jalapeno diced (seeded if you want to cut out the heat)
- 1 bunch of green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado diced
Prepare your grain. Let cool. Stir together olive oil through cumin in a small bowl. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl and pour dressing over salad, stir gently until mixed well. Season to taste with pepper.
I like to stir everything except the avocado in and put it in the fridge for an hour or so to let the flavors blend and add the avocado in just before serving. Sometimes I even put everything but the avocado together in the morning, and just before dinner add the avocado in. Yum! Don't worry though, the leftovers, if there are any will still be ok the next day. The lime juice does it's magic and the avocado seems to keep pretty well. Enjoy!
Adapted from Our Best Bites