Welcome! Happy Day! I would love to introduce you to a wonderful friend of mine! Kel is an amazing lady who is the creative genius behind Between the Lines! She has a really fun place featuring trivia questions, recipes, giveaways, and much more! She’s here today to share one of her favorite recipes with us! What a treat! Make sure to stop by and say hello for me! Hi Everyone! My name is Kel and I am visiting from Between the Lines! Jasey was kind enough to invite me to share a yummy recipe with you. This Black Forest Cake is not only moist and delicious, but it is also very simple to make. Give it a try and if you enjoy it, stop by Between the Lines for some more mouth watering recipes!
– Prepare and bake cake mix in two 8- or 9-inch round layers as directed on package. Run knife or metal spatula around sides of pans to loosen cakes. Cool in pans 15 min.
– Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix at least 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add cold water. Pierce cakes with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals. Carefully pour half of the gelatin mixture over each cake layer. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
– Mix sour cream and powdered sugar; gently stir in whipped topping. Dip one cake pan in warm water 10 sec.; unmold onto serving plate. Spread with 1 cup of the whipped topping mixture. Reserve a few cherries for garnish. Chop remaining cherries; sprinkle over frosted layer.
– Unmold second cake layer; carefully place on cake layer on plate. Frost top and side of cake with remaining whipped topping mixture.
– Drizzle with melted chocolate.
– Garnish with reserved cherries. Store in refrigerator.
Yummy! How’s that for delicious? Did you have a chance to check out our Tuesday Taste Party? If not, click here and make sure to vote for your favorite recipe!
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner