- 2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 3/4 cups cold buttermilk
- 4 Tablespoons cold butter cubed (1/2 stick)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 3/4 cups sharp grated cheddar sometimes I even use 2 cups
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut butter into Bisquick mix using a pastry cutter or large fork, until small chunks if butter remain the size of peas. Add cheese, buttermilk, and garlic. Mix by hand or with wooden spoon until just combined, don't over mix. Add a splash of buttermilk if mixture seems too dry, the batter will be super thick though, use just enough buttermilk to make everything stick together.
Drop biscuits, by 1/4 cup portions, onto an ungreased cookie sheet. An ice cream scoop works well.
Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the tops begin to turn golden brown.
Melt two Tablespoons of butter in a small bowl in the microwave. Add 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and stir to combine. Brush on top of biscuits with a pastry brush, spreading the entire butter mix between all the biscuits.
Adapted from Top Secret Restrant Recipes