- 1 1/2 cups corn frozen works well or cut kernels from grilled or boiled corn on the cob
- 1 1/2 cups sliced black olives
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red pepper
- 4 tablespoons diced onion
- 4 grated garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cups apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste optional
- 4 chopped avocados
Combine garlic, onion, oregano, lemon juice, oil, and vinegar in a shallow dish, like a pie plate. Stir well. Add corn, olives, and red pepper. Stir to combine. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Just before serving, add avocados, add salt and pepper to taste if desired. Serve with tortilla or pita chips.
Sometimes I substitute tomato for the red pepper or use half tomato and half red pepper.