- 1 box devil's food cake mix I always use Duncan Hines, I think it's the best
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 12 oz. package of mini chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter don't use the natural kinds that you have to stir, or the old-fashioned brands
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350. Mix together everything except chocolate chips on medium speed, scraping occasionally. Stir in chips. Pour batter into preferred pan(s). Obviously, if you want cupcakes, use lined muffin tins, or grease and flour it. I used a large cookie scoop to fill the tins (about 3 tablespoons). For baking time, add 10 minutes to the time specified on box and check. Do the toothpick test to check, you'll want a few moist crumbs. The middle won't jiggle anymore and the tops will spring back when touched lightly. If not done, check about every five minutes until done. Cool completely and frost with Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting.
With a whisk attachment, beat butter and peanut butter at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar and beat until mostly moistened. Scrape bowl and beat at medium-low until fully combined. Add vanilla and beat at medium until fully incorporated. Increase speed to medium high and beat until light and fluffy, scraping bowl occasionally.