I have always been intrigued with vinyl cutters and all the beautiful projects they have the potential to create. Guess what I received for Christmas? Yep, my very own Cricut machine. And this framed vinyl glass project is my very first project! I was inspired by these pillows and love how my glass version turned out. What do you think? I didn’t take step-by-step pictures because I am a lefty -which doesn’t lend itself very well to taking pictures with spray paint and glue in the other hand. But, I will tell you how to create a similar project.
1. Find a frame (mine is @10×13 in.) that needs a fresh new look and set the glass aside in a safe place. Paint it. I used Krylon brand, color Jade. I painted the back and inside grooves with several coats and when the last coat was dry, flipped to the front and gave it several coats.
2. When the frame was completely dry, I used Cricut Studio Design software to create my nest definition design and cut it using black vinyl. Use your preferred cutting method.
3. Clean glass and apply vinyl carefully centering it as desired.
4. Carefully glue glass into frame. Let me introduce you to my new best friend, E6000. I applied it inside the frame’s groove and carefully placed the glass inside. Make sure the glass is oriented correct before you place it on the glue. It would be terrible to glue it backwards! Very gently press edges to seal. Let sit until dry.
*Note – This glue is amazing. I had never used it before and was scared to death it would run and ruin everything. It did run in a couple of places, but it rubbed right off after it dried. WHEW!
5. Find a home for your beautiful project. Which leads us to this wreath, which I intended to hang in my bathroom,
And these memory jars, including shells we collected on the beaches of Seattle, driftwood from the lake by our cabin, and other nature things from our adventures last summer,
and, finally my new mantle decor!
I haven’t been happy with my mantle since we moved in – until now anyways. I LOVE it! I am tickled to have found the perfect way to welcome spring! It is my new happy place! Now, if only the rest of my house looked this good!
PS – If you are looking for some fun business cards for your etsy store or blog, check back on Monday for chance to win some!!!