- 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 6 medium peppers your choice of green, sweet red, yellow, and orange peppers cut into strips
- 1 medium onion sliced into thin wedges
- One batch of fajita seasoning or two fajita seasoning packets
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 20 oz can pineapple chunks, drained and juice reserved
- couple drops of Louisiana Hot Sauce or to taste, if you like heat, add more
- shredded cheese sour cream, and salsa for serving
Drain and measure pineapple juice. Add water to make 1/2 cup. Add fajita seasoning, honey, garlic powder, salt, and a couple drops of Louisiana Hot Sauce, stir well. Pour into gallon-sized zip-loc bag. Add chicken, close bag and squish a little until mixed well and chicken is coated evenly. If you have time let marinate in refrigerator for up to 4 hours (but even 30 minutes helps). Using a grill pan, grill chicken over medium-high heat until juices run clear and chicken is browned. (My chicken didn't brown very well this time because I used a cookie sheet instead grill pan and the liquid didn't burn off quick enough for browning.) If you don't have a grill, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat.
Meanwhile, for the veggies, either on the grill or in a skillet heated with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, cook peppers and onions for a few minutes.Add pineapple and cook until warmed through. We like our veggies warm and tender-crisp - but cook as you like.
Serve with warm tortillas, cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
This recipe can be halved easily. As written it feeds 7-8 people.