With the big game on it’s way, I thought it was only appropriate to share a recipe that is perfect football food, Jalapeno Bacon Pepper Jack Dip. This cheesy jalapeno dip is loaded with all sorts of goodies, green onions, garlic, sriracha sauce, pepper jack cheese, cream cheese, bacon, and jalapenos. It’s all the goodness of the ever popular jalapeno poppers wrapped up into a dip waiting to be slathered on a warm slice of crusty baguette, pita chips, or crackers. I’ll take a slice of baguette loaded with a warm garlicky cheesy dip over a stuffed pepper any day. I’m a sucker for those darn carbs!
- 8 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese softened (I always use 1/3 less fat in dips because it bakes up less greasy)
- sour cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large jalapenos seeds removed and diced
- 1 6-8 bunch green onions, sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup REAL bacon bits or 2-3 slices of bacon, crumbled, plus 2 Tablespoons for garnish I use these
- 2 pepper jack cheese reserve 1/2 cup for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon sriracha sauce
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese for 30 seconds or until smooth, add sour cream and beat until it is mixed together. Mix in jalapenos, green onions, garlic, and sriracha sauce. Add bacon and cheese stirring gently until mixed well. Spoon into a small baking dish or pie plate, and bake on 350 for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with reserved cheese and bacon pieces and diced jalapenos and green onions if desired. Serve warm with sliced baguette, crackers, chips, or even stips of bell peppers. Enjoy!